Director Product Management - Growth
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As a Director of Product Management on the Growth team, you will work to uncover new sources of revenue growth for the company. Working with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, and designers you’ll develop and execute a roadmap for experiments that generate growth through Upwork’s large and thriving customer base.
- Partner with Growth team members to craft a strategy for identifying new sources of growth. Establish practices for idea generation, prioritization, and execution
- Work closely with engineers and designers to turn test concepts into requirements, coordinating the launch path
- Ensure clear communication and coordination throughout the team, flagging risks and misalignment, and seeking resolution
- Take ownership of the results, tracking critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proven track record running A/B tests, assessing customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products and features that impact growth
- A strong foundation of understanding for technical concepts in front and backend web development, to enable you to push the envelope in what and how we test
- A real passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- 3 - 5 years working in product with previous experience working in Agile or other fast-paced development methodologies
How to really knock our socks off:
- Past experience working on growth teams and running growth experiments
- Creative and strategic thinking, with the ability to identify ideas for stimulating customer behavior
- Strong analytical skills, with an appreciation for statistics and experimental design
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn and push boundaries of what is possible
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.