Business Development Representative
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
- Make outbound calls to connect with marketing-generated inbound leads
- Identify Enterprise opportunities within current book of business
- Be responsible for monthly critical metrics to drive quarterly and yearly business objectives
- Provide weekly forecasts to your sales leadership
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You have 1-3 year of sales, human resources, or staffing experience
- You have successfully owned and grown an account base in a revenue quota carrying role
- You are an excellent communicator, writer, and articulate over the phone
How to really knock our socks off:
- Knowledge of the Upwork platforms
- A quick dialing finger, experience with cold calling
- A strategic & creative mindset
- Proficiency with CRM & prospecting tools, e.g. SFDC, Salesloft, Zoominfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- A basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products
- You possess the drive and time management skills to maintain a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.